Parched, dry, itchy skin is just a part of life during the winter, right? Um no thank you! Here are a few easy tips to naturally address the dry winter skin blues!
- Ingesting water-rich fruits and vegetables can help with dry skin, as they add hydration to all of your body's cells. And make sure you are taking your daily vitamin D supplement and omega 3-6-9 supplement to battle dry skin from the inside out!
- Taking a long, hot shower feels good when you’re cold, but it will ultimately lead to even drier, itchier skin. It’s best to keep showers short and warm in the winter or to opt for a moisture-infused bath!
- Try sock-and-glove therapy. Get a pair of cotton socks and gloves. Slather on Carter + Jane's Oil Butter™ then just wear your socks and your gloves to sleep. Wake up to soft supple skin!
- When the air is dry, you may be tempted to lick your lips more, but saliva has enzymes that will make already dry lips even worse! Resist the urge to lick and instead apply The Everything Oil™ or PickFix™ throughout the day.
- Along with dry winter air, radiator heat is a major dry skin factor. Use a humidifier in your bedroom at night…just make sure to clean it on a regular basis so you don’t swap up a dry skin problem for a mold issue!