March 27, 2020
Tips for better sleep naturally!
This is a crazy time in our world. and we know getting a good night sleep is likely a challenge. Here are a few tips that hopefully will help:
- Use a silk eye mask. It helps to block out light and encourages sleep, but it also helps your delicate eye area stay crease free from friction from your pillow.
- Also consider using a silk pillow case...it will help keep your skin hydrated, crease free and can help with overnight allergies, as silk is hypoallergenic.
- Use our our Sleep Repair Mask. It has Bulgarian lavender in the formula, which studies show increase slow-wave sleep, instrumental for slowing heartbeat and relaxing muscles.
- Take 5 deep belly breaths as you first lay down to calm the mind, reduce stress and release toxins from your body.
- Install a free white noise app. Susan Carter likes Relax Melodies and Sara Jane uses White Noise Lite (swears by brown noise).
- Take a bath using magnesium flakes before bed or consider a Magnesium supplement. Magnesium will help you get to sleep and stay asleep longer.
- Try keeping your bedroom between 60-68 degrees. Sleeping in a cool room helps improve the quality of your sleep. As nighttime comes, our body’s temperature naturally falls, telling us that it is time for rest. With a cool room, we are reinforcing our bodies instinct to sleep.
- If you use technology at night, consider purchasing blue light blocking glasses. Blue lights are great during the day because they keep us awake, and bad at night because they often impede sleep
- We know it's a stressful time time and getting a good night's sleep may seem almost impossible. Try to come up with a night time routine and stick with it as much as possible. Our minds and bodies crave routine (especially in times of stress).